13 Reasons Why, stylized as TH1RTEEN R3ASONS WHY is a teen drama web of American television series. The teen series is originally under the development for Netflix as bounded series by Brian Yorkey, on the basis of the 2007 novel, Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher.
Some Formal Information-
Short Review of the drama,
The series spins around 17-year-old high school student Clay Jensen and his departed friend Hannah Baker. she takes her own life after having a confront of a culture of gossip, bullying and sexual assault at her high school. The cause also adds the lack of support from her friends, her family, and her school.
A box of cassette tapes transcribed by Hannah in the weeks, introducing her suicide part. Why she even wished to end her life! The series is under the production of July Moon Productions. But later it Propelled to the Curb Productions, Anonymous Content, and Paramount Television, with Yorkey and Diana Son serving as showrunners.
The First Season
The first season was in the air as initial miniseries. It gets promotion on Netflix on March 31, 2017. It gained positive reports from critics and audiences, who praised its subject matter and acting. For the performances of Langford, she got a Golden Globe Award nomination for Best Actress – Television Series Drama.
The Second Season
The second season was on the air on May 18, 2018. It earned mixed gestures to negative reviews from audiences. Corresponding with the release of the second season, Netflix released a video with the cast that alerted viewers on some of the topics covered in the show. It also granted a support website with crisis numbers for people swayed by depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues.
The Third and The Fourth Season,
A third season was under the direction in June 2018. It was on the air on August 23, 2019. In August 2019, the series had been replenished for a fourth and final season. The season is gonna air probably on the October 2020.
The critical and audience’s reaction to the series has been divided. It was between the program generating controversy amid the audiences and industry reviewers alongside acquiring faithful fans.
Cast and the Characters,
- Dylan Minnette as Clay Jensen, a close friend of Hannah.
- Katherine Langford as Hannah Baker, a teenager.
- Christian Navarro as Tony Padilla, Clay’s best friend at Liberty High.
- Alisha Boe as Jessica Davis, a student who starts attending Liberty High at the same time as Hannah.
- Brandon Flynn as Justin Foley, a student at Liberty High. He is liable for setting the events of the series into motion by holding the first person to humiliate Hannah after their first date.
- Justin Prentice as Bryce Walker, a student from a rich family and the captain of the football team and pitcher on the baseball team at Liberty High.
- Miles Heizer as Alex Standall, a student at Liberty High, the ex-boyfriend of Jessica.
- Ross Butler as Zach Dempsey, a kindhearted friend of Justin and Bryce at Liberty High.
- Devin Druid as Tyler Down, a bullied student at Liberty High and an avid photographer.]
- Amy Hargreaves as Lainie Jensen, Clay’s attorney mother.
- Derek Luke as Kevin Porter, a guidance counselor at Liberty High
- Kate Walsh as Olivia Baker, Hannah’s mother, and Andy’s wife.
- Grace Saif as Ani Achola, a new student at Liberty High.
- Brenda Strong as Nora Walker, Bryce’s mother
- Timothy Granaderos as Monty de la Cruz, a bully who is a student at Liberty High.