Chadwick Boseman, the actor who played the role of T’Challa, better known as the Black Panther in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, passed away at 43 on August 28. The actor was fighting bravely with colon cancer for the last four years of his life. The 43-year-old actor has left behind a legacy by portraying memorable and influential roles in films like Marshall, 42, and Get on Up. Also, he did a splendid work in TV shows like Lincoln Heights and Persons Unknown.
Portraying the role of the king of Wakanda, King T’Challa, from the Marvel Cinematic Universe is considered to be the honour of his career. His family revealed in a statement after his death that playing the role of Black Panther was the honour of his career.
Chadwick Boseman’s Most Iconic Performances
Here is the list of all the memorable works of our beloved Chadwick Boseman, who cemented his place as a cultural icon and great actors in Hollywood.
- Lincoln Heights(2008-2009) – Lincoln Heights centres upon a police officer named Eddie Sutton, played by Russell Hornsby, who shifts his family to the crime-ridden neighbourhood of Los Angeles. In the third and fourth season of the series, Chadwick was seen playing the role of Eddie’s son, Nathaniel ‘Nate’ Ray, who was struggling with PTSD.
- Persons Unknown(2010) – He played Sergent Graham McNair, a former soldier who served in the Iraq War.
- 42(2013) – He played Jackie Robinson, the first Black person to bat in the Major League Baseball.
- Draft Day(2014) – Bosemand played the role of Vontae Mack, who was one of the sought after picks.
- Get on Up(2014) – It was a biographical musical drama in which Chadwick transformed into James Brown, the legendary. He was so dedicated to the role that he even spent two learning how to dance and sing to wholly embody the Godfather of Soul.
- Message From The King(2016) – he portrayed Jacob King, who travels to Los Angeles, to investigate the disappearance of his sister and seeks revenge from those who are responsible for doing this.
- Marshall(2017) – He brought the role of Thurgood Marshall to life, who was a civil rights activist and the first Black Justice to serve in the Supreme Court.
- Black Panther(2018) – Boseman played the role of King T’Challa, the Black Panther, who was declared king after the death of his father. For his role in the movie, he got awarded with the BET Award for best actor, NAACP Image Award, and two MTV Movie & TV awards for the best performance in a movie.
- 21 Bridges(2019) – He played the role of an NYPD detective, Andre Davis, who has earned a reputation for taking down cop-killers.
- Da 5 Bloods(2020) – He played the role of Stormin Norman, the squad leader of the five Black Vietnam War Veterans.