Home Movies Godzilla Vs Kong Will Be Released On Streaming A Platform! No Theatrical...

-

Godzilla Vs Kong Will Be Released On Streaming A Platform! No Theatrical Release?

Because the current health crisis has wreaked havoc on the movie industry, many of the studios have had to adjust their film release plans for various movies. Movies like Godzilla vs Kong may end up releasing directly on a streaming platform.

Officially speaking, the plan is for Godzilla vs Kong to hit theatres next May. However, according to THR, the online streaming service providing platform, Netflix had offered about more than $200 million to acquire the fourth MonsterVerse entry, but WarnerMedia has particularly blocked that deal and prepared its offer to put the movie on HBO Max.

Godzilla-vs-Kong
Godzilla vs Kong
Image Source – SyFy

The production company behind the movie, Legendary Pictures, declined to comment on the publication, while Warner Bros., which is distributing the film, said that the plan to release Godzilla vs Kong in the theatres next year as scheduled.

That does not rule out that Godzilla vs Kong could really end up on a streaming platform, as it was announced last week that the Wonder Woman 1984 movie would play in both theatres and on HBO Max starting Christmas Day.

Godzilla Vs Kong Will Be Released On Streaming A Platform! No Theatrical Release?

Though, the official parties are keeping silent for now on this subject. THR also noted how Legendary Pictures financed 75% of the film and it will continue to carry those massive costs as the tentpole picture continues to go unreleased. Warner Bros. now holds the remaining 25% stake, but it controls the release of the movie.

It is worth noting that Legendary Pictures already has a connection with the streaming giant, as Netflix acquired Enola Holmes from Warner Bros. So aside from Godzilla vs Kong reaching a lot of eyes on streaming giant because that platform doesn’t have a presence in China, the movie could have played in theatres there.

It is worth noting that Legendary Pictures already has a connection with Netflix, as that streaming service acquired Enola Holmes from Warner Bros.

Godzilla-vs-Kong
Godzilla vs Kong
Image Source – SyFy

Related: Kong Will Look Different In Godzilla vs. Kong; Know Why

So aside from the film reaching a lot of eyes on the streaming giant because that platform does not have a presence in China, the movie could have played in theatres there. We will update you as soon as we get any official word from the makers or the distributors of the film.

Till then, you are advised to stay tuned to our website so that you do not miss out on any important detail.

Sahaj Sharma
Sahaj Sharma
Sahaj is an aspiring journalist with a keen interest in content writing. It helps him learn about new topics every day along with polishing his writing skills. His topics of interest include movies, series and celebrity-related news.

What's More