World’s largest streaming platform has announced a line-up of 17 new offerings that will have a direct-to-OTT release on the platform. Some of the high profile originals include Abhishek Bachchan’s Ludo, Sanjay Dutt’s Torbaaz and director Mira Nair’s A Suitable Boy. These Netflix Originals will strike over the course of the next few months.
The 17 new offering includes eight new films and series spanning over various genres. Moreover, this will give Netflix an upper hand over the regional rivalry with competitors like Amazon Prime Video and Disney+ Hotstar. These other services have been launching on their respective platforms during the COVID-19-induced lockdown in India this year.
Monika Shergill, the VP-Content of Netflix India said that the all-new exciting lineup of content is across multiple genres and many formats. She further added that they are bringing heartfelt dramas, romcoms, thrillers and more, from amazing creators and talent, both established and emerging. Also, as we all love the dazzling diversity and variety of our stories, Netflix has just offered us a treat.
“As a full-scale entertainment service, we want to offer an exciting slate to our members, knowing that each person’s Netflix profile is unique to their taste, mood and need. So whether they love global titles, world cinema, Hindi films or regional Indian language titles, they will discover something they enjoy on any given night.”
A couple of thrilling and long-awaited movies have already been announced before. Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl (Janhvi Kapoor) and author Manu Joseph’s satire film adaptation, Serious Men (Nawazuddin Siddiqui) are already on the waitlist. Additionally, several other new premiers will just be a delight to the viewers across the country. Netflix has just made this lockdown better!
Here is the entire list of Indian titles premiering on Netflix:
- Ludo (featuring Abhishek Bachchan, Aditya Roy Kapur, Rajkummar Rao, Fatima ana Sheikh, Sanya Malhotra and Pankaj Tripathi) | Comedy, Drama
- Torbaaz (starring Sanjay Dutt) | Drama
- Raat Akeli Hai (featuring Radhika Apte, Nawazuddin Siddiqui) | Mystery, crime thriller
- Dolly Kitty Aur Woh Chamakte Sitare (starring Konkana Sensharma and Bhumi Pednekar) | Comedy, satire
- Ginny Weds Sunny (featuring Yami Gautam, Vikrant Massey) | Romantic comedy
- Bombay Rose Award-winning animated film | Romance
- Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl (starring Janhvi Kapoor, Pankaj Tripathi, Vineet Kumar and Angad Bedi) | Inspiration, drama
- Tribhanga: Tedhi Meri Crazy (featuring Kajol, Tanvi Azmi and Mithila Palkar) | Family drama
- Kaali Khushi (featuring Shabana Azmi, Satyadeep Mishra and Riva Arora) | Horror
- Serious Men (starring Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Nasser, Shweta Basu Prasad) | Witty/funny, character drama
- Class of ‘83 (featuring Bobby Deol, Bhupendra Jadawat, Hitesh Malukani and Anoop Soni) | Cop drama
- AK vs AK (starring Anil Kapoor and Anurag Kashyap) | Dark comedy
- Mismatched (starring Prajakta Koli and Rohit Saraf) based on Sandhya Menon’s book ‘When Dimple met Rishi’ | Romantic Comedy
- Suitable Boy, based on the critically acclaimed book by Vikram Seth (starring Ishaan Khatter, Tabu and Tanya Maniktala) | Romance
- Masaba Masaba (starring Masaba Gupta and Neena Gupta as themselves) | Reality inspired
- Bombay Begums (featuring Amruta Subhash, Plabita Borthakur, Aadhya Anand, Pooja Bhatt and Shahana Goswami) | Fictional drama
- Bhaag Beanie Bhaag (earlier titled Messy, starring Swara Bhasker and Ravi Patel) | Drama, comedy
Can’t hold your horses? Well, you are not alone! Exact release dates will be announced soon. So stay tuned and keep reading!