Do you ever get frustrated by too many notifications? Like when your friend texts you on Slack while you are studying and you get disturbed. This ‘notification’ problem is a huge problem. But don’t worry, Slack has a perfect solution for this issue. Slack is rolling out a new feature called ‘Notification Schedule’. This feature lets you customize when you want to see notifications on a per-day basis.
When you are working 9-5 per day or binge-watching TV shows on weekends, constant notification popping irritates you, doesn’t it? It can also be stressful and creates a distraction.
Notification Schedule feature is here to the rescue! This feature will enable the user to set the notification time as per their needs. Users can customize as when they want the notifications on their device. You will not receive notifications outside of the defined settings but will see unread badges when you open Slack.
With Slack, you can set a custom notification schedule now!
Here is how you can enable a custom notification schedule in Slack:
How to Set Custom Notification Schedule in Slack?
On Desktop/ Web:
- First of all, open the Slack web app. After that, tap on the ‘downward arrow’ next to your name at the top left. There will be a ‘Pause notifications’ option.
- Tap on ‘Pause notifications’. This will open up the new ‘Set a notification schedule’ option. Tap on this to jump into the preferences.
- Now you will be able to see the options to enable notifications, like weekdays, weekends, and custom as well. I have set to receive Slack notifications just on weekdays, from 9:00 am to 7:30 pm.
Slack Notification Schedule:
On the Mobile app:
The process for mobile Slack settings is given below.
- Open the Slack app on your mobile and head to the ‘You’ section from the bottom navigation bar.
- Here you will see the ‘Notification’ option. Tap on this to see the new ‘Notification Schedule’ option and tweak the same as per your needs.
So, that’s it. Hope this solves many of your life problems, just like it solves mine!