The film adaptation The Boys in the Band on Netflix will be dropped on September 30, Wednesday, as announced by the streaming platform on Friday. Well, you can consider this as your formal invitation to the most dramatic birthday party of the year.
Ryan Murphy produces the series, and the director of the series is Joe Mantello. The Boys in the Band is based on the 1968 play by late writer Mart Crowley. Mart passed away in March. The film is set in New York City, where a group of gay men gather for a birthday party of a friend and are faced with uncomfortable truths throughout the evening.
The original play ran for a limited engagement on Broadway in the year 2018, and many of the actors from that revival will be reprising their roles for the adaptation of Netflix.
The Boys in the Band has been turned into a movie for the second time. Previously, it was adapted into a film in the year 1970, which starred the same cast from the play’s initial off-Broadway run in 1968.
Apart from the image of Bomer and Parsons’ character above, the streaming platform has released some more pictures from the upcoming film. Two of them are attached below, have a look!
Cast of The Boys in The Band
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) will be playing Michael
- Zachary Quinto (Heroes) will be paying Harold
- Matt Bomer (White Collar) will be playing Donald
- Andrew Rannells (Black Monday) will be playing Larry
- Charlie Carver (Teen Wolf) will be playing Cowboy
- Robin de Jesus(Law & Order: Special Victims Unit) will be playing Emory
- Brian Hutchison(Madam Secretary) will be playing Alan
- Tuc Watkins(Desperate Housewives) will be playing Hank
- Michael Benjamin Washington(Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) will be playing Bernard.