It was announced by the online streaming platform Netflix on Thursday that The Crown Season 4 will be made available to stream on November 15, along with revealing the first footage from the new episodes. Olivia Colman revealed last year that it is interesting as doing season 3 was like doing a historical piece for her after the work on season 4 had begun.
She added that now, it feels less like that and more, she remember that voice, she remembers that moment, and it feels quite different. They had their read through and it’s quite fun to hear the voices of Margaret Thatcher.
The Crown traces the life events of Queen Elizabeth II from the time of her wedding in 1947 to the present day. The events like Micahel Fagan‘s break-in to the Buckingham Palace and the appearance of Princess of Wales at the Barnado’s Champion children Awards are also included.
Cast of The Crown Season 4
- Olivia Colman as Queen Elizabeth II
- Tobias Menzies as the Duke of Edinburgh, husband of Elizabeth II, Prince Philip
- Helena Bonham Carter as the Countess of Snowdon, younger sister of Elizabeth II, Princess Margaret
- Ben Daniels as Antony Armstrong-Jones, Earl of Snowdon, Princess Margaret’s husband also known as Lord Snowdon and informally as Tony
- Marion Bailey as Queen Elizabeth, Mother of Elizabeth II, wife of George VI, also known as Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother during the reign of daughter
- Erin Doherty as Princess Anne, Elizabeth, and Philip’s second child and only daughter.
- Gillian Anderson as Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher
- Emma Corrin as Lady Diana Spencer
- Charles Dance as Louis Mountbatten
- Emerald Fennell as Camilla Shand
The filming of the fourth season began in August 2019 and was wrapped up in March this year. The Crown Season 4 will be released on November 15, 2020.