Venom 2 is an upcoming American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character Venom. It is under the production of Columbia Pictures in association with Marvel and distribution of Sony Pictures. Certainly intended to be the third film in Sony’s Marvel Universe and the sequel to Venom (2018) it will be in its root.
The film is under the direction of Andy Serkis from a screenplay by Kelly Marcel. The American film stars Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock aka Venom, alongside Woody Harrelson, Michelle Williams, Reid Scott, and Naomie Harris.
Some Basic Information-
Plans for a series to Venom began during production on that film, with Harrelson cast to make a brief appearance as Cletus Kasady at the end of Venom. With the intention of playing the villain role in a potential sequel, it started working.
Work began in January 2019, with Marcel and the lead cast approved to return. Serkis was hired in August, and filming began that November at Leavesden Studios in England.
Venom 2 plot: Spider-Man and butchery?
While we did not get a Spidey-sized cameo in the first Venom movie, the director has indicated at a future Spider-Man crossover.
Could that take place in Venom 2? In answer to the question, we can only say,
“This feels very much like Venom’s movie. It is the presentation of the character,” Ruben Fleischer said of the first film, before teasing: “As to where it will go in future movies, and who he’ll run across, I can’t say.”
Venom 2 cast: Who is returning?
- Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock aka Venom: An investigative journalist who is the host of an alien symbiote that inspires him with super-human abilities and a drastic alter-ego: Venom.
- Woody Harrelson as Cletus Kasady aka Carnage: A serial killer who also becomes the host of an alien symbiote.
- Michelle Williams as Anne Weying: A district attorney and Eddie’s ex-fiancée.
- Reid Scott as Dan Lewis: A doctor and Anne’s boyfriend.
- Naomie Harris as Shriek: Kasady’s love interest.
- Additionally, Stephen Graham has been counted in an unrevealed role
Release date of Venom 2
Venom 2 is recorded for release in the United States on October 2, 2020. A date that Sony had saved for an untitled Marvel sequel in November 2018
Venom 2’s new director Andy Serkis has verified the movie will be an “extraordinary piece of cinema” but didn’t reveal much about the division. He told IGN: “I can’t tell you any ideas right now. I am in the outset stages, but I have some very clear purposes about what I want to see visually, and how we can bring the illustrations to another dimension.”